We are happy to inform you that our clinic will remain open to provide dental care for you and your family. The RCDSO has confirmed that healthcare providers, including dental offices, can remain open in all public health units declared to be in lockdown.
That said, we are committed to following all current RCDSO enhanced guidelines in our office to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during the lockdown, we have implemented the following protocols.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment via phone and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office.
- All doors to operatory (treatment) rooms must remain closed when treatments are in progress
- HEPA filters will be used to clear the air from aerosol-generating procedures and all other types of treatments before the operatory can be used again. This is called fallow time.
- Masks must be worn by patients in the office, except when receiving treatment
- All staff must wear the appropriate PPE, including N95 masks, gowns, glasses, face shields, and gloves
- We will continue to sterilize all instruments before use (part of our normal practices)
- All staff are screened daily for symptoms and will receive temperature screenings, as well
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients, and our team. While many things have changed over the past year, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to seeing you soon!