Anyone who is considering undergoing a cosmetic dentistry procedure will find this comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and their answers helpful. It covers affordable cosmetic dentistry options, the cost of cosmetic dentistry veneers, and much more.
1. What is cosmetic dentistry?
The main goal of cosmetic dentistry is to help improve the look and feel of your smile by repairing and whitening your teeth as needed. However, there are also numerous oral health benefits involved.
2. Is dental cosmetic surgery right for me?
That depends on what you’re looking for. If you are looking to replace missing teeth, repair cracked teeth, or simply need a cleaning or teeth whitening session, then cosmetic dentistry is certainly a viable option. It’s always a good idea to consult with your dentist about any concerns you may have related to your dental health.
3. What kind of dental problems can cosmetic dentistry fix?
Cosmetic dentistry can fix a large variety of dental problems, like replacing missing teeth, repairing cracked teeth, whitening yellow or discoloured teeth, straightening teeth, and so much more.
4. Are the procedures of cosmetic dentistry performed strictly for cosmetic reasons?
No, cosmetic dentistry procedures can also have essential dental health benefits.
5. What are the different types of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry can include the following procedures: repairing damaged teeth, installing braces, veneers, and dentures; cleaning and whitening teeth; shaving teeth to straighten out their edges; removing diseased teeth; and performing root canal surgeries.
6. Are cosmetic dentistry procedures time-consuming?
In some cases, yes, cosmetic dentistry procedures can be time-consuming. Consultations and initial examinations are often required before the procedure can be performed. Also, some procedures require the jaw to be measured and fitted for braces, veneers, mouth guards, or dentures. The measurements are then sent to a lab where all of these items are constructed and then delivered to the dentist’s office. This can take anywhere from three days to two weeks.
7. Can I be sedated during a cosmetic dentistry procedure?
That depends on the procedure. Some dental surgeries might require sedation depending on the patient’s pain tolerance while freezing the affected area will suffice for others.
8. What is the best cosmetic procedure for missing teeth?
The following options are available for people who are missing teeth:
- Denture Implants
- Dental Implants
9. What payment options are available?
Most dentists accept a variety of payment formats, such as credit cards, debit, cash, or dental insurance.
10. Can I finance my cosmetic dental work?
That is up to the dentist.
11. Will my insurance cover my cosmetic dentistry costs?
It depends on the type of procedure being performed and the level of your insurance.
12. How much is dental insurance for one person?
There is no exact cost as the price varies by treatment and the amount of work needing to be done. Insurance rates depend on how much coverage you need.
13. What amenities are available at the dental care clinic?
Most dentists’ offices have comfortable couches or chairs to relax on as well as televisions, toys, and magazines in their waiting areas.
14. How expensive is cosmetic dentistry?
The cost of cosmetic dentistry can vary from one procedure to another depending on the types and number of tools required, the number of assistants needed to perform the procedure, and the cost of pain medications or anesthesia used.